WICZ.com Website and App Redesign
The WICZ project is an instance of my in-depth domain exposure in providing technology solutions aligned specifically to the local media industry in the US. Some of the notable contributions from my end include –
- Total re-design of the website and mobile app to match target market and user preferences of the client
- Responsive web coupled with mobile app with consistent look and feel. This helped to provide a device agnostic user experience
- Business consulting services to provide professional recommendation on optimizing the marketing strategies to match business growth aspirations
- The 10 intensive weeks of collaboration, consultation, and coordination resulted in the launch of the KAKE app and website.
- A site wide “breaking news” display that can be customized as per user preferences on their homepage. The homepage breaking news responds to the content in the story and changes its appearance based on additional content being assigned.
- For the weather page, weather feeds was used to pull in the forecast text and Meteorologist Name, Title, Photo and Social info.
- Implemented a “sticky” navigation that allows the site navigation to be available no matter where the user scrolls to on desktop. This helped to enhance user experience across different screen sizes.
- We replicated the look, feel and navigation of homepage and site-wide breaking news into the mobile site too for consistency and seamless browsing experience for the user.
- Most Popular stories, clips and slideshows as well as weather are also present on all locally produced mobile story pages.
- Most features that are on desktop are included in mobile automatically. There is no need for the client to invest additional time or efforts to sync the mobile site with the traditional site. This functionality helped drive the mobile user acquisition objective of the business
- Create, distribute, analyze and monetize contents across all digital assets on web, mobile, and TV under one CMS.